These are the reasons why Christmas is no longer my favorite holiday.
1. It’s all about marketing, commercialism and convincing us to buy, buy , and buy some more.
2. It is also about the big, fat, beared man with elves and reindeers (fantasy)
3. It is making Thanksgiving disappear from our communities as people start decorating right after Halloween.
4. All children want are the presents under the tree, forget the tree!
5. The weather is too darn cold and depressing.
6. Christmas songs are also depressing.
7. Red and green do not match, never did, never will.
8. No matter what your religious faith is, Christians are adamant about convincing everyone that Christmas is all about God saving the world from eternal damnation through the birth of a Jewish baby (even though it truly has pagan roots).
9. People can’t make up their minds about saying “Merry Christmas”, or “Happy Holidays”
10. True love, care, and giving should be celebrated every day, not just on December 25th.
Got any other reasons why Christmas is not so great?