I was thinking about the things I would like to do before I die last night while half asleep. And I thought I could share it with my blog readers. So here are the things I would like to do before my last breath, and if I do not accomplish these for some reason, that would be fine too.
1. See my father again. I have not seen him in more than two years and seeing him for at least a day would give me satisfaction. I don’t know him as well as my other family members, so learning more about him and from him would be nice.
2. Travel and visit Rome and China. These two places intrigue me. I learned about Rome’s famous paintings, sculptures, and architecture in college. I would love to see it personally. China is another country that also has famous structures, like the China Wall and Buddhist temples, that I wish I can see. I would also like to learn how to read and speak Chinese.
3. Learn how to play guitar.
4. Skydiving. Although I am petrified by the idea of jumping off a flying plane. I would need to be drugged or something. I guess I am dreaming of doing something similar to flying like a bird.
5. Ride a horse.
6. Witness the cure for cancer. I have known too many people who died because of this disease. It is time to know about its cure.
7. Have a tattoo of a palm tree and a coconut, representing my daughter and my son, respectively.
8. Write and publish a book. (or many books) Or a comic book (I like to draw comics).
9. Own a house by a tropical beach.
10. Experience total peace and balance in my life.
Although I have the above things I wish I can accomplish before I die, I would also like to share the things I have already accomplished in my 39 years of existence. Here they are:
1. I have two beautiful children, a boy and a girl. And I witnessed both of their births. My daughter is a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and my son is a great chess player.
2. I have been married to the most wonderful woman; it will be 15 years this summer.
3. I have owned two houses.
4. I have traveled and visited Washington D.C. and have seen most of its historical monuments. My favorites were the Lincoln Memorial, the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and Mount Vermont in Virginia.
5. I have also traveled and visited California, and saw L.A. from a distance. I have also lived in the Caribbeans.
6. I have spent plenty of quality time with the person who loves me unconditionally: my mom.
7. I have drawn and have had several political cartoons published in the local newspaper. I have also painted more than 20 paintings.
8. One of my cars are totally paid off and the second one is almost paid off.
9. I went to Kennedy Space Center with my daughter during a field trip. I have also gone to every Disney World theme park (both in Florida and California), Universal Studios, and Lego Land.
10. I have not lost faith in family and the beauty of life.
Do you have a bucket list as well…? What have you accomplished so far in life?